Sehnert's Bakery Holiday Stollen Bread
Stollen, or Christstollen, has been a staple bakery item in Germany since as early as 1329. It's made appearances at fairs and festivals at Christmas time since the 15th century. There are two origin stories about the ingredients and shape of the Stollen bread. The first relates the 'hump' on the top of the loaf to the hump of the camel that brought the gifts of the wise men on the first Christmas and that the bright-colored candied fruit and nuts represent the jewels and gifts in the camel's pack. A second story shares how the raised portion of the loaf is a reminder of the nave of the church and the candied fruit bears resemblance to the stained-glass windows. No matter which story you decide is true Sehnert's Bakery is honored to produce this special holiday Stollen with the utmost care and quality for you and your family this Christmas season. Please see below for more features and specifications.
Features And Specifications:
• Suggested To Be Eaten After Broiling On Its Side For 1 Minute With Butter On Top
• Stollen Bread Has Been A Bakery Staple As Early As 1329
• Stollen Bread Includes Candied Fruit
• A Holiday Classic Since The 15th Century
• If Not Being Enjoyed Immediately Store Stollen Bread In Freezer And Thaw At Room Temp When Ready
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.