Tekton 7" Locking Pliers Deep Bite Round Jaw PLK20007
Deep Bite Round Jaw — Shaped for maximum contact on pipes, round fittings, and hex nuts — the deep round jaws encircle the workpiece with sharp teeth set at opposing angles to each other. As the pivoting jaw closes, it shifts forward, indexing into position relative to the fixed jaw and setting the teeth into a firm directional bite that won’t budge—similar to the way the floating and fixed jaws of a pipe wrench work together. This action compounds the leverage of the pliers as they close, generating extremely high clamping pressure as they are being locked. Tekton's pull-to-release lever allows you to clamp, release, reposition, and clamp again with one hand — and with more control than a traditional pinch-style trigger. A generously sized knob with deep diamond tread knurling makes for easy tensioning even if you’re wearing heavy gloves or have slippery hands. Create a T-handle by inserting a screwdriver or hex key into the hole in the adjustment knob. With this extra leverage, you can lock the pliers onto the workpiece and gradually add or release tension to fine-tune the clamping force. The round shape of the knob allows you to quickly spin it with your fingertips like a dial to make adjustments much more easily than is possible with other paddle-type knob designs. Clamping force at the jaws directly depends on the strength and integrity of the pliers’ three main rivets — which together make up the 4-point mechanical structure of the pliers. Tekton makes certain their pliers can withstand high shear forces by using rivets made from tough 4135 chrome-molybdenum steel.
• Round jaw profile holds round, hex, and square shapes
• Unique indexing jaw shifts forward as it closes, creating extremely high clamping pressure that won't slip, even on smooth surfaces
• Strong chrome molybdenum jaws with sharp, angled teeth offer a sure, directional bite like a pipe wrench
• Pull-type release lever works like a trigger for controlled one-handed operation and fast repositioning
• Generously sized tension adjustment knob offers a large, nonslip knurled surface and a through-hole for added leverage with a second tool